- Today starts the routine that has happened a lot recently with games only on the weekend and then practice all week. There will probably be some guys take a day or two off from practice to heal and treat sore ankles, knees, shoulders and other miscellaneous ailments but they should be ready to go for the weekend against Denver. Jarret Lukin, who was skating at practice last week, may be back in the line up this weekend as well. Lukin has been out of the line up since hurting himself in Arizona the end of November.
- Americans Top Three Statistical Leaders In Each Category:
Goals: Lavoie (15), Bootland & Lessard (13)
Assists: Lavoie (28), Kerbashian (17), Asuchak, Bootland & Trevor Ludwig (13)
Points: Lavoie (43), Kerbashian (29), Bootland (25)
Plus/Minus: Tyler Ludwig (+6), Schaafsma, Berube & Hendrikx (+5)
Penalty Minutes: Klotz (100), Bootland (88), Tetrault (56)
Power Play Goals: Lavoie & Tyler Ludwig (5), Kerbashian & Lessard (4)
Power Play Assists: Lavoie (11), Kerbashian (8), Trevor Ludwig (6)
Short Handed Goals: Asuchak (2), Lavoie, Fox, Trevor Ludwig & Lukin (1)
Game Winning Goals: Kerbashian (4), Lavoie (3), Bootland, Lessard, Tyler Ludwig & Tetrault (2)
Shots On Goal: Lessard (99), Lavoie (94), Bootland (87)
Shooting Percentage: Fox (19.6%), Lavoie (16%), Bootland (14.9%)
Goals Against Average: Pitton (2.58), Guggenberger (3.46)
Save Percentage: Pitton (.918), Guggenberger (.890)
- Team Rankings in the CHL:
Points: #3 (40)
Win Percentage: #4 (.645)
Goals For: #2 (111)
Goals Against: #5 (97)
Penalty Minutes: #3 (732)
Power Play: #4 (18.02%)
Penalty Kill: #2 (85.29%)
Short Handed Goals: #1 (6)
- Each week I provide input to the Minor League Hockey Report's Power Ranking and one of the stats considered is weekly record. Here are the current CHL standings with this past week's record in parentheses:
1. Rapid City (1-2)
2. Missouri (1-2)
3. Allen (3-0)
4. Denver (3-0)
5. Quad City (2-1)
6. Brampton (2-1)
7. Tulsa (0-3)
8. Wichita (0-3)
9. Arizona (2-1)
10. St. Charles (1-2)
- This weekend will see a couple of great match ups as #1 Rapid City and #2 Missouri play twice in Missouri while #3 Allen and #4 Denver face off twice in Allen.
- If you look at the number of goals scored by the Allen Americans in each of their first four seasons the numbers are very close with the exceptions of 2010-2011 when Allen had its best offensive ever with three 30 goals scorers. Coach Martinson has said many times, "we are scoring enough goals, we just need to lower the number of goals scored against us." If the Americans continue to score at the same pace for the rest of the year they will finish with the second most goals in team history. Here is the comparison:
2013-2014: 236 (based on current pace)
- I have talked about Shanna Wray, wife of Rapid City captain Scott Wray, several times since I found her blog a few years ago. She has written a lot about hockey and being a hockey wife and I find her writing to be from a perspective of someone on the inside but with a great sense of humor. While she continues to write about hockey the emphasis on her blog in the recent past has been on her role as a parent. Her web site is at wraysingboys.com. Since I first came across her blog she has referred to her husband as "Mr. Sometimes" and over the weekend one of the Allen fans took a picture with Scott Wray with a sign that said something like "Good luck Mr. Sometimes." If you are that fan or know who it is please let me know as Shanna would like to get a copy of that picture. Thanks.
- I get asked periodically why you can't listen to the Allen Americans on TuneIn Radio like was possible last year. It was a great application that allowed you to listen to the live stream broadcast on a smart phone. I have asked several times about when this will be available and can't get a specific answer though I am told it is being worked on. I sent an email to the Market Manager for 107.3, who is the radio sponsor this year, and did not receive a reply. Too bad we are half way through the season and this can't be resolved. You would think both the Americans and the radio station would want to get these additional smart phone listeners. Come On, Man!
DID YOU KNOW: The 97 points scored by Allen in 2010-2011 was the second highest point total in the CHL in the last 11 years. The Americans won the Governor's Cup (most points in regular season) by 13 points.