|Courtesy CHL Memes|
- Nothing new to report regarding what is happening with the ECHL but everyone expects something to break this week. With Thursday being the first day ECHL players can report to training camp and also the day training camp rosters are due (3 pm ET) and Friday being the first day of on ice sessions it makes sense something should be announced by Friday. It is wait and see at this point.
- Have had lots of questions concerning players that have been signed and not yet announced by Allen. Yes, coach Martinson has several players signed and announcements should be happening this week. Everyone is asking for some hints so here goes. Players signed and not announced include a former NHL draft choice and two players who have been MVP's. Impressive group for sure.
- The march to the upcoming hockey season gets a lot closer this week as American Hockey League (AHL) camps get underway. The only player from the Allen Americans current roster to attend an AHL camp is forward Brett Lyon who will be in camp with the Chicago Wolves. Many CHL players will be attending these camps as well as former Allen players including Garrett Klotz (Rockford Ice Hogs), Spencer Asuchak (Providence Bruins), Greger Hanson (Oklahoma City Barons) and Alex Lavoie (Norfolk Admirals).
- Former Allen players have gotten off to a good start in Europe. Bruce Graham leads his team (Nottingham Panthers) is scoring. Bruce has five points (2 goals 3 assists) in five regular season games. His Nottingham teammate, Mike Berube was injured in a game on Saturday and it is uncertain how long Mike will be out of the lineup.
- Anthony Maiani leads his Denmark team (Rungsted) in scoring with three assists in two regular season games.
- Goalie Bryan Pitton has played in five games thus far for his team in Poland (Sanok) and has a GAA of 2.21 and a save percentage of .930.
- Trevor Hendrikx had a great game against former teammates (Graham & Berube) as his Cardiff Devils beat Nottingham 5-2 on Sunday. Trevor picked up his first goal of the season, delivered some great checks and was named "Man of the Match" the equivalent of the #1 star in the CHL.
- Two former Allen players are playing in the Asian league and off to a fast start. Colton Yellow Horn plays for the Nippon Paper Cranes and has eight points in eight games which is second on the team in scoring and Dave Bonk, who plays for the Nikko Icebucks has five points in five games to lead his team in scoring.
- Cain Franson and his University of Calgary Dinos kicked off their regular season this past weekend by sweeping two games against the University of Manitoba. Cain had three goals and an assist in the two games and leads his team in goals.
DID YOU KNOW: Eventhough he has played professionally for several years Garrett Clarke is still the second youngest player signed by the Allen Americans for the upcoming season. Garrett is twenty one.