|All I Want For Christmas Are My Two Front Teeth|
Here are a few of the comments made by coach Martinson after the game:
- I know I sound like a broken record as we once again found a way to give up a lead going into the third period. Giving up a breakaway and taking some bad penalties cost us.
- We have too many instances where we try what I call hero plays where we try to do too much. We have to avoid high risk plays and use each other. We try to do to much individually.
- On a positive note we scored three power play goals and were 3 for 7 on the power play.
- The covering the puck call on Ludwig was a tough call as it put us in a 4 on 3 situation which is harder to kill. I didn't see the play so I am not sure what happened.
- On the Ft. Worth power play goal the goalie went low to try and see around the traffic in front. He has to stand big and take up space in those situations. Belfour will work on that in practice tomorrow.
- Chris Doyle will be activated for the game on Friday as we need more offensive fire power.
- You can't argue the penalty against Clarke as you just can't hit the goalie like that.
- Rouleau came from at least eight feet away from Maiani when Maiani had his back turned and Rouleau came and purposely hit him from behind, face first into the glass. I think that is a suspendable hit.
- I expect to make a move before next weeks CHL trade deadline and may also sign someone from Europe.
- My philosophy on shoot outs at home is to have our team go first (it is the home teams option) and put my best shoot out guys out first in order to get an early goal and put pressure on the opponent.
- If we had a completely healthy line up we would not use both Brennan and Penner in most games.
- Brett Skinner will be headed to the Grand Rapids Griffins on an AHL call up this weekend. It is a great opportunity for Brett as the Griffins are in first place in their division.
- With his goal last night Kale Kerbashian has a point in six of the seven game he has played since signing with the Americans.
- Mike Berube with a +10 and Mike Montgomery with a +4 are the leaders among the Americans defensemen.
- How about these stats of former players tearing it up the last few days:
* Yellow Horn had two goals Saturday and has 34 on the year
* Scotty Howes had goals last Wednesday, Friday & Saturday
* Bruce Graham had the first goal Sunday as his Nottingham team beat Cardiff 4-2 and by the way the Cardiff goalie was Chris Whitley
* Justin Bowers had two goals for Gwinnett (ECHL) on Friday
* Nino Musitelli had two assists Sunday and has six points in five games for Toledo
* Dave Bonk scored two goals Monday night for the Nikko Icebucks