- The Americans are in a familiar pattern where they only have games on the weekend and then have all week to practice. A few days to heal the battered bodies, work on system issues that are in need of shoring up, and improve the power play. Will also see what if any roster changes take place this week based on Coach Martinson saying Brian McMillin will be signed this week. These things often take more time than you might think and McMillin won't be flying back from England until tomorrow (Tuesday) and will head home to Minnesota.
- Allen will take on an improved Brampton team on Friday & Saturday at the AEC. Brampton won two of three games this past week playing Tulsa at home. Brampton got four goals in each of the three games and the have the second ranked goalie (Grant Rollheiser) in the league. A split this weekend isn't good enough as the Americans need to sweep this series.
- Wonder if the Pitton brothers will face each other this weekend? Both have been playing well with Bryan getting the 40 shot shutout in Missouri on Saturday and Jason scoring goals on Friday & Sunday against Tulsa.
- As I was working this morning on my input to the CHL power rankings that I do each week a couple of things struck me. This past week every team in the league won at least one game and lost at least one game so maybe there is more parity than the standings might suggest. The top four teams in my ranking won six games this past week while the bottom four teams won five games.
- A reminder that this event, which was postponed because of the bad weather last week is rescheduled for this week.
Be sure to visit La Belle Boutique (owned by Tabayia Tetrault) and all the other great shops and restaurants of downtown Plano Tuesday or Wednesday (Dec. 17 & 18).
In addition to the fantastic merchandise and gift offerings, merchants
will be selling annual collectable holiday ornaments commemorating
Historic Downtown Plano. Allen Americans players will make
an appearance for autographs and photo’s at La Belle Boutique on Tuesday and Wednesday evening from 6pm-7pm.
All participating merchants will be donating 10% of their sales on
these dates to benefit The Assistance Center of Collin County.