MARTINSON POST GAME COMMENTS:
- I didn't like all of our decisions on the power play. When Rapid City collapsed we didn't use the points well enough.
- I don't think we played our "A" game or as well as we can but you have to give the other team credit for their play.
- I thought we had some good hits, especially the defense, but we gave up that odd man rush that cost us.
- I thought the Rush player should have been thrown out on the face off when Rapid got the last goal but that is no excuse. We lost the face off, didn't block the shot from the point, and allowed a deflection from the slot. I don't think the puck was even going to be on net until it was deflected.
- Not much to say to the players about the game tomorrow (Saturday). They know we are playing for two big points. We took a step back tonight. If you want to catch Rapid City you have to beat them. You can't expect other teams to beat them for you.
- I don't think we showed as much speed as we could but we had some plays that just missed, passes in tight that almost connected.
- The official crowd (tickets out) was 3179 but the number of people at the game (tickets scanned) by my estimation had to have been less than 1000.
- Special teams performed well as the penalty kill did not allow a goal in two opportunities (one goal was scored right after a penalty expired) and the power play was 1-4.
- The power play goal Allen scored was great team work by three guys that have been on a hot streak. John Snowden (seven points in six game since he returned to the line up) made a cross ice pass to Kale Kerbashian (ten points in the last eight games) who passed the puck cross ice to Greger Hanson (nine points in seven games since joining the club) who one timed it into the net.
- Allen lost the even strength scoring battle 3-1. The plus/minus for these two teams may be the most telling statistic of all. For the season the Americans cumulative plus/minus is -13 while Rapid City is +150.
- Hats off to Ice Angel Brooklyn who seems to do everything around the Allen Event Center. In addition to all of her activities as a mom and an Ice Angel she works in the Americans front office and does a little bit of everything. She also has helped out picking items for the team store including modeling the apparel. Last night, I'm sure filling in for someone who could not make it because of the weather, she did a great job singing the national anthem. Job well done Brooklyn!
- Adam Pineault (2012-2013) got hit in the face with a puck in a game last night. With vintage Adam style he posted the gory details with pictures on Twitter. I'll spare you the most gory but here is what Adam had to say, "Well looks like I am going to be eating out of straw for the next few weeks- Broken Jaw with some caved in teeth. Specialist tomorrow to see options for surgery. Dr said never seen a jaw broken like that before. You can almost see puck outline." Our thoughts are with Adam & Monique for a speedy recovery. Here is the x-ray Adam posted.
|Adam Pineault Breaks His Jaw|
- Corey Tamblyn has been signed by the Peoria Rivermen of the Southern Professional Hockey League (SPHL) to a three game tryout contract.
- Some follow up on the player from the SPHL Bloomington Thunder (Kory Helowka) who deliberately shot a puck into the opposing teams (Peoria Rivermen) bench the night after Garrett Clarke did the same thing against the Americans. As you might recall, Clarke received a one game suspension. The SPHL felt such action, which could have seriously hurt someone on the bench or in the stands, deserved a much stiffer penalty and gave Helowka a five game suspension. The day after the five game suspension was announced Kory Helowka was waived by the Bloomington Thunder. Garrett Clarke should consider himself lucky and the CHL should consider itself less respected by the other leagues (SPHL, ECHL, AHL) on how they handled the situation.
- Make sure to check out the silent auction the Americans are having for every home game in December. Auction items include autographed sticks and and jerseys. Check out the table on the concourse as you might be able to pick up a jersey at a reasonable price.
- DATE CHANGE: Because of the bad weather the dates have been changed for the player appearances at La Belle Boutique in Plano.