|Alex Lavoie Scored The Game Winning Goal & Was Named The #1 Star Against St. Charles Chill - photo by SceneByKimberly.com|
- The Americans boarded the bus after the game and drove all night to Tulsa for games tonight and Sunday. Arrival time at the hotel in Tulsa was around 5:00 am. Three games in three nights along with 17 hours on the bus (not counting the trip home after the game Sunday). Welcome to life in the CHL.
- Darryl "Booter" Bootland is tied for the league lead in goals (3) and second in points (6). He is off to another fast start similar to last season. He leads the team in goals, assists, points and plus/minus. His three goals have come on only seven shots for an impressive 42.9% shooting percentage.
- Before Lessard and Lavoie each scored their second goal of the season in the third period there was a point in the middle of the game when the score was 3-2 where the Americans had scored ten goals on the season and they had been scored by nine different players. Now that is balanced scoring.
- Another indication of balanced scoring is after only three games, 15 of 16 skaters have scored points. After Bootland's six points are four players with three points, five players with two points and five players with one point. John Snowden is the only skater without a point in the first three games and you know his points will come as he can score in bunches.
- Special teams is always a key and with the style of play the Americans employ the penalty kill is extremely important. The Americans continue to excel in the penalty kill as St. Charles was 0-3 last night which puts the Americans at 91.3% (2-23) for the season.
- The power play has also been excellent so far as Allen leads the league with a lofty power play success rate of 26.32% (5-19).
- Congrats to Alex Lavoie for being named the #1 star of the game for his game winning goal as well as a great assist on Bootland's goal. But how can Bootland not be named one of the three stars with a goal, two assists, and a +3. C'MON MAN
- The Americans radio partner is now front and center after some delay in working out all of the details. Welcome Hot 107.3 FM to the Americans family. KQDR 107.3 is out of Sherman, Texas. You can go to their web site to listen to the games, just look for the Americans logo. I have not been able to listen to the Americans broadcast through the TuneIn radio app on my smartphone so hope that can get activated soon.
- Four players that were in camp with the Americans are now playing for the Louisana Ice Gators (SPHL). Matt Robertson, Chris Wilson, Kirk Byczynski, and Peter Cintala. Cintala, who was a fan favorite in training camp played well in the Ice Gators opening game victory with an assist and was a +1.
- The Americans will announce the signing of a defenseman today. Check back at noon for information about the new player.
DID YOU KNOW: Darryl Bootland and St. Charles Chill coach Jamie Rivers were teammates during the 2003-2004 season with the Grand Rapids Griffins (AHL) and the Detroit Red Wings (NHL).