STEVE MARTINSON POST GAME COMMENTS:
- Bryan Pitton played great in goal and that is what you need to get out of the slump we were in. He really stepped up for us and had some big saves.
- The Kerbashian, Asuchak, and Power line was our best line. They had eight points (3 goals 5 assists) and were a +7.
- The goal Asuchak scored that was waived off clearly went in off his stick but that was only one of a number of questionable calls during the game. In the second period the referee sent off a pair of players from each team while also giving the Thunder a four-on-three man advantage twice. Wichita scored on both 4 on 3 power plays.
- Dallas Ehrhardt got hurt on a play where the referee called both players for roughing when it was obvious the Thunder player should have had the penalty. We will have to see how bad his injury is when we return home.
- Ben Power had two goals and was named the games #1 star. Power is making the most of his opportunity in the CHL. Since his promotion from the Knoxville Ice Bears (SPHL) on Valentines Day he has four points (3 goals 1 assist) in four games.
- Spencer Asuchak had his fourth shorthanded goal of the season at the end of the second period. He now has the franchise record for most shorthanded goals in a season and he leads the CHL in shorthanded goals.
- Happy Birthday to Jonathan Lessard who celebrates his 23rd birthday today.
- With his power play assist against Wichita Jon Zion kept his team leading seven game scoring streak alive. He has scored in every game he has played for the Americans and has nine points (2 goals 7 assists) in seven games.
- Allen didn't gain much ground with the victory last night. Missouri lost but all of the other teams at the top of the standings (Denver, Rapid City, Allen, Tulsa, Brampton) won their games.
- Rapid City beat Arizona in a shootout as the Sundogs learned getting in a shootout with the Rush is not advisable. Rapid City is 6-1 on the season. Last night it only took three shooters for Rapid to win as they all scored while Tim Boron stopped all three Sundogs shooters.
- The Americans have had the same referee who did the Wichita game several times recently and five times since the first of the year. In those five games Allen has had 18 power play opportunities while their opponents have had 34 power play opportunities.
- CHL attendance figures continue to lag last years attendance figures by a small amount. In 2012-2013 the CHL average attendance was 3706. After 248 of 330 games the 2013-2014 average attendance is 3529 which is 177 less per game.
DID YOU KNOW: The average attendance by league is:
AHL - 5220
ECHL - 4583
CHL - 3529
SPHL - 3003