Here is a roster update:
- No surprises on Ludwig, Lukin, Bootland or Ehrhardt with their injuries
- Trevor Hendrikx is on bereavement leave and headed home to attend the funeral of his cousin
- Kale Kerbashain was put on a status "granted leave by the league" yesterday and won't play in the game tonight.
- Bruce Graham will not play tonight.
- All teams have beat up players this time of year but the Americans have a couple of players that would not be playing in the game tonight if the roster was not so depleted. In at least one case it will be a game time decision.
- Eric Levine will be dressed and available to play
- Anthony Maiani was flying to Missouri to met the team and will play in the game tonight.
Add to the mix that Missouri has been sitting at home resting since their game on Saturday and the Americans will have a herculean task tonight. Sometimes in these situation where the odds are stacked against them, teams have great games. Let's hope tonight is one of those nights.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Missouri Mavericks Allen Americans RESULT OF LAST GAME WIN 6-3 vs DEN WIN 6-2 vs QDC GAMES PLAYED 49 50 RECORD 33-14-2 28-18-4 POINTS 68 60 HOME RECORD 15-7-2 14-8-3 AWAY RECORD 18-7-0 14-10-1 SHO RECORD 2-1 4-3 LAST 10 GAMES 8-2-0 3-7-0 LAST 5 GAMES 4-1-0 2-3-0 OCTOBER 4-0-0 5-0-1 NOVEMBER 8-3-1 7-6-0 DECEMBER 8-4-0 5-4-1 JANUARY 5-5-1 8-1-2 FEBRUARY 8-2-0 3-7-0 SCORING FIRST 19-4-2 17-6-3 LEADING AFTER 1ST 16-3-0 12-6-0 LEADING AFTER 2ND 24-1-1 17-2-3 TIED AFTER 1ST 9-2-2 10-4-3 TIED AFTER 2ND 6-4-1 9-4-1 TRAILING AFTER 1ST 8-9-0 6-8-1 TRAILING AFTER 2ND 3-9-0 2-12-0 WHEN OUTSHOOTING OPPONENT 17-6-0 14-10-1 1 - GOAL GAMES 11-5-2 13-3-4 GOALS FOR PER GAME 3.65 3.56 GOALS AGAINST PER GAME 2.76 3.28 SHOTS FOR PER GAME 30.57 33.34 SHOTS AGAINST PER GAME 31.43 32.56 POWER PLAY RECORD 44 - 193 22.8% 46 - 251 18.3% PENALTY KILLING RECORD 27 - 207 87.0% 48 - 270 82.2% SH GOALS FOR 9 9 SH GOALS AGAINST 4 7 PIM AVERAGE 15.78 23.26 SCORING BY PERIODS 1ST 2ND 3RD OT TOTAL Missouri 50 60 67 2 179 Opponents 41 41 51 2 135 Allen 52 67 54 5 178 Opponents 49 51 60 4 164
|2012-2013 Leading Scorer Anthony Maiani Returns To Allen|
- Special teams are always important but in the game tonight it will almost certainly be the deciding factor. If the Americans continue the trend of giving to their opponent more power plays than they receive it will spell trouble against the #1 power play in the league.
- The referee for the game tonight is Trevor Harding, a familiar name to the Americans, as he had a couple of tough games at the Allen Event Center early in the season. Update: The CHL has changed the pregame line up to show Boone Bruggman is the assigned referee for the game.
- Scoring the first goal is a good predictor of the outcome of the game as both of these teams have excellent records when scoring the first goal.
- And the Americans don't want to be behind after the second period as Missouri is 24-1-1 when leading after two periods.
- Here is how the CHL described the Missouri vs Allen match up in their "shots from the point" release:
The fourth place Allen Americans (28-18-4) and the first place Missouri Mavericks (33-14-3) meet on Tuesday night in the rescheduled game from a snowed-out affair early in the month. The two teams are increasingly building a rivalry after last season’s conference finals match-up that Allen won in seven games. This year, the Mavs have dominated the Americans with four wins in five games and outscoring them 21-12. The games have been much closer when five-on-five with the Mavs a +7 on special teams (seven power play goals to one and one SHG) and Missouri have pitched in three empty-net goals. In the previous five games, the teams have combined for 275 penalty minutes (55 combined per game). On the season, the Americans lead the league averaging 23.3 PIM’s per game and the Mavs are eighth with a 15.8 per game average (combined 39 per game). Missouri leads Allen by eight points in the standings and Tuesday’s game is the second to last meeting of the season between the two teams (Mar. 7 in Missouri).
- After getting his first AHL playing time for the Abbotsford Heat and playing very well (GAA 1.39), Aaron Dell has been returned to the Utah Grizzlies (ECHL).
- For those of you on twitter give new goalie Eric Levine a follow @knobsave. He will most likely inherit the #1 for his jersey number.
DID YOU KNOW: With the two goals Tyler Ludwig scored on Sunday he now holds the Americans single season and career scoring records in all offensive categories for defensemen. He has twice as many career goals and points than any other defensemen in Allen franchise history. The records include:
Single season goals: 15 (2013-2014)
Single season assists: 40 (2012-2013)
Single season points: 51 (2012-2013)
Career goals: 30
Career assists: 86
Career points: 116