Black Friday Half-Price Ticket offer. The Allen Americans have made a limited number of tickets available for half-price for the remaining regular season games this season This offer is valid for any lower bowl section except glass seating and will only be available for a limited time on Black Friday. To purchase go to Ticketmaster.com and use promo code TEACHER.
- If you want a good read and haven't seen it yet go the the Allen Americans web site (allenamericans.com) and read the story about Biscuit written by Tiffany Kassab (her husband is Americans head trainer Osama Kassab). The title is, "On Being Biscuit, Who's in the Bull Dog Suit."
- Had some questions lately about key dates for the team so wanted to mention a couple of them again. There will be a Christmas break between December 23-25 where according to the collective bargaining agreement there can be no trades, games, practice, travel or promotions. Not enough time for most of the players to travel home but some time off from the grind. The other date I get asked about is the trade deadline. That date is February 3.
- While most readers of this blog will be watching/listening/following the Americans tonight as they take on the Arizona Sundogs there are two other great match ups this evening as #1 Rapid City takes on #2 Denver in Rapid City and the two teams tied for third place, Missouri & Tulsa, face off in Missouri.
- We are 17 games into the season and only 9 players have played in every game. (Lavoie, Kerbashian, Asuchak, both Ludwigs, Lukin, Rouleau. Tetrault, & Berube.
- Team Leaders:
Goals - Darryl Bootland (10)
Assists - Alex Lavoie (16)
Points - Alex Lavoie (24)
Plus/Minus - Tyler Ludwig (+4)
Penalty Minutes - Darryl Bootland (49)
Power Play Goals - Kale Kerbashian & Jonathan Lessard (3)
Power Play Assists - Alex Lavoie (4)
Shorthanded Goals - Spencer Asuchak (2)
Game Winning Goals - Lavoie, Kerbashian, Bootland (2)
Shots On Goal - Jonathan Lessard (60)
Shooting Percentage - Phil Fox (21.1%)
- Former Allen player Josh Hepditch (2011-2012) was mentioned by Tommy Daniels during the Americans broadcast on Wednesday as Josh contacted Tommy during the game. Made me want to check to see how Josh's team was doing this year. He is in his second year as coach and general manager of the Creston Valley Thunder Cats in the Kootenay International Junior Hockey League (KIJHL) which is a Junior "B" team in Creston, British Columbia. Josh's team is doing great as they are in first place by nine points with a record of 17-8. I did a story about Josh & his wife Kathryn when he transitioned from player to coach. It is in the archives, "Where Are They Now - Josh Hepditch" dated October 23, 2012 if you want to read more.
- Here is what the CHL included about Arizona and Allen in their "shots from the point" which was published today.
Arizona remains the hottest team in the league riding a six-game win streak after Wednesday’s win over Allen (10-6-1). The Sundogs (7-8-1) have turned things around and are now just one game from reaching the .500 mark. The Americans will look for revenge on Friday and Saturday night and look to end their three-game slide. Allen has lost six of their last nine games after starting the season with a 7-0-1 record. Andrew Engelage has been a catalyst for the Sundogs winning five straight decisions while allowing just 10 goals over that stretch. Allen had former CHL Goaltender of the Year and CHL Rookie of the Year Mark Guggenberger in net for the first time this season on Wednesday and the former all-star made 36 saves taking the loss.
- While the Americans currently find themselves in 5th place in the standings with 21 points they are only three points behind league leading Rapid City who has 24 points.
DID YOU KNOW: In the 1983-1984 NHL season Wayne Gretzky scored a point in 51 consecutive games.