|Players & Ice Angels visit fan hit by puck|
- The ticket sales contest that has been going on most of the summer is very close from what the teams are saying. If you recall the front office staff has been divided into two teams led by Trevor Ludwig and Darryl Bootland. My spies say Team Ludwig was out in front by more than $25,000 but the gap has been closing and Team Bootland is now within $3000. If you still need to get tickets now is the time. Call the office (972-912-1000) and talk directly to Trevor or Booter.
- Hockey is already underway in leagues around the world. Saw where Brian McMillin's team (Coventry Blaze) had an interesting game last night as their opponent (Fife Flyers) had their bus breakdown and the game was delayed 2.5 hours. Coventry won the game and are now 2-1 for the season. Brian had an assist and one of his rare penalties (he gets a penalty about once every 12 games).
- Former American Dave Bonk who plays in Japan (Nikko Icebucks) had a game delay because of a typhoon. His team has started the season 0-4.
- Colton Yellow Horn is off to a fast start as he has five points (3 goals 2 assists) in his first three games and his team is 2-1.
- Ryan Hand who played seven games for the Americans in 2010-2011 has signed with the Wichita Thunder.
- Garrett Clarke announced today he has signed to play for the Toledo Walleye of the ECHL. This comes as a surprise and he will be missed.