- It was good to see Aaron Dell back in red after his game on Thursday in Houston. I have to admit he looks good in an AHL uniform which I hope he is wearing next year. The Houston Aeros have had 10 different goalies on their roster this year and have 30 goalie transactions with all of the injuries and call ups.
|Aaron Dell as a Houston Aero|
- Anthony Maiani was skating at practice for the second day so his return to the line up is getting closer. Still not sure when he will be available but he is moving in the right direction.
- Adam Pineault was not skating with the team so he is still a ways away from his return to the ice. Haven't heard anything from the team but it would appear Adam will be the person on IR for the second round based on who is skating and who is not. That would make him ineligible for the entire second round. I don't think the decision on the IR slot has to be made until today so we will obviously know by game time.
- Drew Daniels was not at practice but the rumor I heard is he went home (New York) for a couple of days and will be back to play in the game tonight.
- Not sure if it will carry over to the game but the lines in practice were:
McMillin, Robinson & Kerbashian
Doyle, Schaafsma &Bootland
Lukin, Deitsch & McKenzie
- The defensemen parings were:
Montgomery & Trevor Ludwig
Berube & Tyler Ludwig
Baldwin & Hendrikx
- Lots of activity around the locker room by the time practice was over. I was interviewing some of the Americans players for an article I am working on to wrap up the season and the Texas Revolution football team had players all over the place getting dressed, taped and ready to play. Some big guys taking up lots of space. By the way, the Revolution beat Cedar Rapids last night in what was a real defensive struggle by a score of 82-72.
- As a followup to my post yesterday about St. Charles Chill coach Jamie Rivers his agent posted last night that today would be a big day for Rivers and the EIHL. Stay tuned. My prediction is if Rivers is leaving, the Chill will not play in the CHL this fall.