|Aaron Dell had a 25 save shutout and was named the games #1 star - photo by chlphotos.com|
Lukin, Aneloski, Bootland & McKenzie were the goal scorers and Aaron Dell was great in goal as the Allen Americans opened up a commanding 3-1 series lead with a 4-0 victory over the Denver Cutthroats last night in Denver.
- The team headed home immediately after the game (12 hours ride) and will be off today before starting to get ready for game five on Saturday.
- Not that the team needs any incentives to wrap the series up on Saturday but avoiding another long bus ride back to Denver has to serve as additional motivation.
- Todd Robinson leads the team & CHL in points (6) and has scored in all four games.
- Leading goal scorers for the Americans in the series are Brian McMillin (3) and Bryce Aneloski (2)
|Bryce Aneloski has two goals in four pro games - photo by SceneByKimberly.com|
- Attendance was disappointing again with only 1335 in the Coliseum. The two game average of 1326 is even less than the Fort Worth Brahmas have drawn. The Denver Coliseum will hold over 8000 for hockey.
- Tyler Ludwig who was a -7 during the regular season leads the team in +/- in the playoffs with a +5.
- Not sure how many others are having trouble getting the audio broadcast from Tommy Daniels but I had to listen to the Denver broadcast. Hope I can get this resolved before the next away game.
- As an indication of the different approach to playoff hockey Aaron Dell has a great GAA of 1.51 which is only good enough for fourth place in the league. Rapid City has given up only one goal in two playoff games.
- Special teams continue to shine which is a real key in the playoffs. The power play is now at a respectable 19.05% and a penalty kill at an amazing 95% as they have allowed only one goal in twenty chances.
- It is interesting with all of the talk about the strength of the lower seeds at the beginning of the playoffs the top seeds (Allen, Wichita, Fort Worth, & Rapid City) are all ahead by two games. Still lots of hockey to play so no need to get ahead of ourselves but we could be seeing Allen vs Rapid City & Wichita vs Fort Worth in the second round.
- I have never mentioned this before but have heard it from so many people that this will be the last year for Jason Deitsch as he will be pursuing a career as a firefighter.
- How great is it to see our amateur players come in and contribute right away. Both Justin Kirsch (1 goal 2 assists) and Bryce Aneloski (2 goals) have fit right in and shown they belong.
- Don't forget to bring extra cash and your checkbook for the Adam & Monique Pineault fundraiser on Saturday at the game. Cash donations, raffle, live auction, and silent auction will be part of the event.