Tuesday, August 12, 2014

30 Questions With Allen Center Sy Nutkevitch - A Player Introduction


Sy Nutkevitch
Newly signed center Sy Nutkevitch is a familiar name to Allen fans having played parts of two seasons with the cross town rival Brahmas in 2011-2013. He joins a long list of former Brahmas that have signed with Allen over the last few years, Jason Deitsch, Ross Rouleau, John Snowden, Phil Fox, Mark Guggenberger, Steve Silverthorn,  and Brad Fogal to name a few.

Sy led the Brahmas in assists and was the second leading scorer in 2012-2013 with 46 points (13 goals 33 assists) in 61 games. Last season he played 37 games for the Fort Wayne Komets of the ECHL, totaling seventeen points.

Here is what Sy had to say after he was signed. "I am very excited to join the two time CHL Champs. I faced them sixteen times a season when I was in Fort Worth, so I am familiar with Allen and the style they play. Steve Martinson is a great coach and his record shows that. I can't wait to get the season going."

Sy was kind of enough to sit down and answer some get acquainted questions. If you are on Twitter you can follow him at: @Syguy19.



-Can you tell us a little about your family?
- I am from Montreal Quebec, My mom's name is Susan and dad's name is Zack. My mom is an occupational therapist, and my dad works for Toyota. I have a younger sister named Lauren who played hockey at Manhattanville College in Westchester, New York. 

 Do you have any pets?
I don't have any pets now. I only had a dog for a little bit named Rocky.



How are you spending your summer?
- I'm spending my summer at home in Montreal working out in the mornings and working at a hockey camp in the afternoons. I workout 5 times a week to get in shape for the upcoming season, all hockey specific movements. 

 


What is your favorite number and do you know the number you will be wearing in Allen?
 - My favorite number is 19, I am not sure what number I will be with Allen.



Who is your hockey hero?
- My hockey hero is Joe Sakic, I really liked him and the Avalanche growing up.

What age did you start to skate?
- I started skating at like 4 or 5.

How would you describe your style of play?
- I am a center who likes to set up the other players on the ice.  I am  much more of a passer than a shooter. I skate well and try to use that to my advantage. I like to think that I play a 200 ft game.

Who is your favorite actor and actress?
- My favorite actor is Vin Diesel and actress is Scarlett Johansson.

What is your favorite type of music and who are your favorite singers?
- I like all kinds of music, current favorite singers are Drake and Luke Bryan.

If you could have lunch with anyone who would you pick?
- I think it would be really cool to have lunch with Mario Lemieux and Tiger Woods.

What chore do you absolutely hate to do?
- I hate doing the dishes after I'm done eating.

 Who do you admire as a leader?
- I admire Peyton Manning. I am a big football fan and I think its rare that everyone shows respect to a guy still playing the way everyone in the NFL does to him.

If you could live in another country for two years where would you live?
- It would be cool to visit Italy or Spain.

 If you could be anything besides a pro hockey player what would it be?
- I would want to be a baseball player. I always enjoyed taking infield practice and batting practice.

Do you have any pregame routines or rituals?
- I like to sit in the rink for a few minutes.  Getting dressed I always put the left side on first.

Who is your number one fan?
- My whole family follows me real closely and supports me a lot, but my dad would probably be my biggest fan.

What is your favorite television show?
- My favorite TV show right now has to be Suits.

Do you know anyone on the Allen team?
- I dont know anyone on Allen right now, I just have played against a few of them.

What do you like to do away from the rink?
- I like playing golf away from the rink or just hanging out watching some TV.

With such a big rivalry between Allen and the Brahmas was it difficult thinking about playing for Allen?
- It is not difficult to think about playing for them, I'm happy not to have to play against them after facing them so many times a year.

What have you been told or know about the Allen fans?
- I havent been told much about the fans but I am well aware about how much they support the team and how passionate they are for the team.

How did you come to sign with Allen?
- My agent spoke to Martinson and than I spoke with Martinson.

Are your statistics on hockeydb accurate?
- I am 6'0" 189 pounds, their listing is my weight from college.

Sy Nutkevitch is a natural center who is good on faceoffs
Hockeydb Stats:

Sy Nutkevitch

Center
Born Jan 28 1988 -- Dollard-des-Ormeaux, PQ
[26 yrs. ago]
Height 6.00 -- Weight 172
 
Regular Season Playoffs
Season Team Lge GP G A Pts PIM +/- GP G A Pts PIM
2007-08 Cornwall Colts CJHL 60 26 31 57 60  




2008-09 SUNY-Potsdam SUNYAC 25 7 15 22 10  




2009-10 SUNY-Potsdam SUNYAC 25 5 16 21 14  




2010-11 SUNY-Potsdam SUNYAC 23 5 15 20 23  




2011-12 SUNY-Potsdam SUNYAC 26 9 31 40 52  




2011-12 Texas Brahmas CHL 7 2 3 5 6 -2 12 1 5 6 4
2012-13 Fort Worth Brahmas CHL 61 13 33 46 38 13 9 0 3 3 10
2013-14 Bloomington Thunder SPHL 5 1 5 6 2   ----------
2013-14 Fort Wayne Komets ECHL 37 3 14 17 8 9 3 0 1 1 0

No comments:

Post a Comment