- Allen may very well be playing shorthanded for the game tonight. Alex Lavoie will be in Austin playing for the Oklahoma City Barons (AHL), and Jon Zion will not play this weekend. From what I have seen at practice Garrett Klotz will probably play while Darryl Bootland will be a game time decision but is doubtful. Would also put Lukin in the doubtful category. If Klotz plays but Bootland and Lukin do not the Americans will be two skaters short at 14. Let's hope I am wrong on this.
- There are always changes to the roster at the end of the season and you can expect this year will not be any different. A key date for roster changes is next Wednesday as players must play in three games to be eligible for the playoffs. If coach Martinson is going to make any changes (my guess the answer to this question is yes) they will happen in the next five days.
- The news release the Oklahoma City Barons put out about Alex Lavoie was short and sweet. "The Oklahoma City Barons have signed forward Alex Lavoie to a professional tryout contract, Barons General Manager Bill Scott announced today. Lavoie played in one game earlier this season with Oklahoma City while on a PTO. Lavoie has appeared in 60 games for the Allen Americans this season, collecting 25 goals and 51 assists for a total of 76 points. He skated in OKC’s training camp this fall. Prior to turning pro, Lavoie played five seasons in the Quebec Major Junior League with Chicoutimi, Cape Breton and Rimouski." Lavoie will be wearing #17 for the Barons.
- With Alex Lavoie missing the game tonight the Americans will be down to three players that have played in every Allen game this year, Asuchak, Berube and Tetrault.
- When you look at team comparisons (posted below) Allen leads in every category from special teams to goals scored to goals allowed.
- St. Charles has been outscored in every period if you look at season totals by period. They have been outscored by 26 goals in the first period (40-66), 20 goals in the second period (55-75) and in the third period a whopping 51 goals (45-96).
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Allen Americans St. Charles Chill RESULT OF LAST GAME WIN 6-3 vs WIC LOSS 1-4 vs QDC GAMES PLAYED 60 60 RECORD 35-20-5 11-43-6 POINTS 75 28 HOME RECORD 17-8-3 7-20-4 AWAY RECORD 18-12-2 4-23-2 SHO RECORD 4-4 3-5 LAST 10 GAMES 7-2-1 1-8-1 LAST 5 GAMES 4-0-1 1-4-0 OCTOBER 5-0-1 1-3-1 NOVEMBER 7-6-0 2-7-3 DECEMBER 5-4-1 4-10-0 JANUARY 8-1-2 3-8-1 FEBRUARY 5-7-0 0-9-1 MARCH 5-2-1 1-6-0 SCORING FIRST 21-6-3 5-11-1 LEADING AFTER 1ST 16-6-0 2-6-1 LEADING AFTER 2ND 21-2-3 5-6-3 TIED AFTER 1ST 10-4-3 6-13-3 TIED AFTER 2ND 11-4-2 4-7-0 TRAILING AFTER 1ST 9-10-2 3-24-2 TRAILING AFTER 2ND 3-14-0 2-30-3 WHEN OUTSHOOTING OPPONENT 16-11-1 2-12-3 1 - GOAL GAMES 13-3-5 6-11-6 GOALS FOR PER GAME 3.72 2.40 GOALS AGAINST PER GAME 3.30 4.05 SHOTS FOR PER GAME 33.15 28.83 SHOTS AGAINST PER GAME 32.70 33.75 POWER PLAY RECORD 62 - 307 20.2% 43 - 287 15.0% PENALTY KILLING RECORD 54 - 315 82.9% 58 - 299 80.6% SH GOALS FOR 9 7 SH GOALS AGAINST 9 7 PIM AVERAGE 22.43 18.30
- Leading scorers for Allen in the six previous games against St. Charles are Greger Hanson with eight points and Jamie Schaafsma with seven points.
- Nobody has pointed this out so it is time for self confession about the Best of the Best awards. I was wrong when mentioning the Ice Angels had won the dance team/cheerleader award for the last three years. They have dominated this category ever since finishing in second place their first year in 2009-2010. That's right, they have won for the last four years. Wow! I'll give all of them a hug and say I am sorry.
- At the other end of the spectrum are an individual and a group that have never finished in the top three in the Best of the Best awards over the last five years. Everyone sees the great job Lee Hastings does as the PA announcer every night during the game, between periods, and with the post game interview. The group is not as visible as Lee Hastings, but they do have a booth in the concourse at home games. This group does a lot of work behind the scenes supporting the team with their time and money. I am talking about the Allen Americans Fan Club. I have seen first hand the great work they do and they also have a super web site at allenamericansfanclub.com. It is difficult to believe Lee Hastings and the fan club have never been recognized in the Best of the Best voting. When you go by the fan club booth tonight or run into Lee Hastings let them know how much they are appreciated. And for those around the league that have not voted for Lee and the fan club all I can say is, COME ON, MAN!
- If Allen is going to finish higher than fourth in the standings they will need some help from the teams playing Denver and Rapid City. Tonight that means cheering for Arizona who plays Denver and Brampton who plays Rapid City.
|Courtesy CHL Memes|
|Courtesy of CHL Memes|
DID YOU KNOW: Alex Lavoie has had a dominating rookie year. He currently leads the rookie point race by by 21 points and has scored more points (76) than any rookie has scored since Allen entered the CHL five years ago. Here are the rookie point leaders by year.
2013-2014 - 76 points (Alex Lavoie)
2012-2013 - 61 points (Mike Hellyer)
2011-2012 - 66 points (Jared Brown)
2010-2011 - 52 points (Aaron Lewicki)
2009-2010 - 50 points (Ryan Garbutt)