|Darryl Bootland scored the game winner 21 seconds into overtime - photo by Scenes ByKimberly.com|
- In addition to his two goals and an assist in the game Bootland was the only Allen player with a plus for the game with a +1. Booter is now tied with Maiani for the team lead at a +14.
- The power play continued to shine going 3-9 and is at a lofty 35% over the last three games. While we always do well against the Brahmas on the power play (29.4% for the 16 games played this year) let's hope the resurgent power play carries over to the four games after today.
- Keep an eye on Tomas Klempa today as he has been on a tear against the Americans in the first two games of the series. Four goals and an assist with two shorties is quite impressive. Tomas, who is from Slovakia, has his parents here visiting and he is really impressing them.
- Tyler Ludwig had a goal and an assist to give him 50 points for the year. His 40 assists leads all CHL defensemen by seven. To put into perspective the great scoring year Tyler is having in the last ten years going all the way back to his time with the Texas Tornado in the NAHL he has never had more than 29 points in a season.
- Give the team some credit for playing well without Berube, Maiani, & McKenzie. In addition, as is true with all teams this time year, we are playing with a lot of guys who are banged up. I heard some help is on the way. No specifics other than it was not a player from Europe. We will have to wait and see on this one.
- With Maiani out of the line up last night we are down to Jamie Schaafsma & Jason Deitsch as the only two players that have played in all 61 games this year. Quite a feat in and of itself.
- Former Americans player Mike Salekin did not play last night for the Brahmas as he was serving a one game suspension for a game misconduct cross checking penalty in Friday's game. It will be good to see Mike at the AEC this afternoon as he should be in the line up.
- With things so tight at the top and bottom of the standings in the CHL it might be good to review the tie breakers for seeding in the playoffs. The first tie breaker is most wins not including shoot out wins. The second tie breaker is head to head record. The third tie breaker is goals for and against differential.
- I'm sure everyone knows this but just as a reminder eight teams make the playoffs, all rounds are best of seven, and the teams are reseeded after the first round. Also remember in the finals the plan is to have two referees.
- Fort Worth has four games remaining all on the road as they play Allen today and go to Arizona for their last three games. Wichita has four games remaining with two at home (Allen & Missouri) and two on the road (Allen and Tulsa). Allen has five games remaining with three at home (Ft. Worth, Wichita & Missouri) and two on the road (Wichita & Tulsa).
- Should be a great game this afternoon. Keep in mind if Allen wins today it will guarantee they will finish no worse than second place. Hope to see many of you there.
- Finally, don't ever say Booter doesn't have a sense of humor. Check out the picture he posted last night.
|Booter Signs For a Brahmas Fan|