With the team safely home after their 1238 mile bus trip back from Utah, the Allen Americans won't play again until Saturday when they take on the Missouri Mavericks on Halloween night at the Allen Event Center. It will be the only time all year the Americans will have a full week between games. With the new players recently added to the roster ( Jonathan Parker, J.P. LaFontaine, Chase Grant) and a shortened training camp, this week will be an opportune time for coach Martinson to work on the systems he employees as well as areas that need improvement. Would assume the players will also get some time off.
Thought today would be a good time to look at the statistical leaders after the first six games of the season. Overall, the team has bounced back nicely with three straight road wins after a rocky 1-2 start to the season. The offense is starting to come around, having scored just six goals in the first three games they had 13 goals in the last three games. Allen is tied for the overall point lead (eight points) in the ECHL with four other teams (Fort Wayne, Adirondack, Missouri & Florida).
Here are the team leaders after six games:
6 - Gary Steffes
5 - Greger Hanson
5 - Aaron Gens
5 - Casey Pierro-Zabotel
5 - Tristan King
3 - Gary Steffes
3 - Greger Hanson
2 - Aaron Gens
2 - Casey Pierro-Zabotel
4 - Tristan King
3 - Gary Steffes
3 - Aaron Gens
3 - Casey Pierro-Zabotel
3 - Chad Costello
+4 - Eric Roy
+3 - Greger Hanson
+3 - Daniel Doremus
14 - Greger Hanson
12 - Dyson Stevenson
11 - Mike DiPaolo
Shots On Goal:
20 - Greger Hanson
19 - Chad Costello
17 - Daniel Doremus
- Joel Rumpel has played in all six games for Allen and leads the ECHL in wins (4), minutes played (359) , and saves (165). His minutes played is 83 minutes more than any other goalie in the ECHL.
- Aaron Gens is tied for the ECHL lead in goals scored by a defensemen (2) and his five points is only one point away from the league lead.
- Greger Hanson had a goal in the last three road games and has a point in all four road games. Both of these are the longest road steaks in the ECHL thus far. Greger also leads the ECHL with seven minor penalties.
- In the odd stat of the day there have been 61 games played in the ECHL thus far and Allen has the fewest shots in one game (17) however, they won the game. On October 21st in Colorado, Allen had just 17 shots on goal but beat the Eagles 3-1.
- Allen's average attendance thus far (2 home games) is 4649 which is just above the leaguewide average of 4551 and quite a bit above the Americans average last season which was 4096. The Fort Wayne Komets lead the ECHL in average attendance at 7904 and Kalamazoo is at the bottom with an average of just 1953.
- Tanner Eberle played his second game for the Quad City Mallards yesterday and made quite an impression. He had two goals and an assist and was named the games #1 star as the Mallards beat Wichita 5-2.
- Colton Yellow Horn continues to tear up the Austrian league. He leads the league in scoring with 19 points (9 goals 10 assists) in just 13 games. His team (Orli Znojmo) is in first place in the 12 team league.
- In the month of November Allen will play just four games at home and nine games on the road.
DID YOU KNOW: According to the hockey data base web site Elite Prospects, the oldest team in the ECHL is the Colorado Eagles with an average age of 26.67. The youngest team is the Norfolk Admirals with an average age of 22.92. The Allen Americans rank #13 in the ECHL with an average age of 24.87.