STEVE MARTINSON POST GAME COMMENTS:
- We could not have asked for a better promotion than "Guaranteed Win Night." We have lots of players from the area who have to buy tickets for friends and family. The opposing team only gets a total of 12 free tickets for each game so a lot of money comes out of the players pockets. The win tonight saved the players hundreds of dollars. Jamie Schaafsma alone was expected to have 20 friends and family at the game.
- Both of the goalies played great tonight and that is what you need during the playoffs. Bryan Pitton played with a little chip on his shoulder and I really liked that.
- The third power play goal that was disallowed was a good goal. The linesman in front of their bench made the call.
- I'm getting tired of all of the slashing penalties (Brampton had five, Allen two) as we are going to end up with players getting broken fingers like what happened to Kerbashian if it continues. That is the downside of the mask and the instigator rule.
- We had way too many turnovers especially in the second period. That is an area we need to tighten up on for the game on Friday.
- Ross Rouleau show be ready to go for the game tomorrow night (Friday)
- After three playoff games Anthony Maiani leads the CHL in scoring with six points. Another proof of the balanced scoring by Allen is five players are among the many tied for second place in scoring in the league. Bootland, Ludwig, Hanson, Graham & Schaafsma all have five points.
- Allen has been dominate in all three playoff games outscoring Brampton by a total of 16-6, and outshooting them by 125-93. Five of Brampton's six goals have come in the first period. The Beast have scored only one goal in the second period and are yet to tally a goal in the third period.
- Special teams continue to favor Allen by a wide margin. Allen has scored five power play goals out of fourteen opportunities (they were 2-5 last night) for an outstanding power play percentage of 35.7%. Brampton is 1-13 in the series (they were 0-6 last night) which is 7.7%
- As they have around the league during the playoffs, the goalies continue to get love from the folks selecting the three stars of the game after being shunned in the regular season. Last night the #1 star of the game was Bryan Pitton who had 30 saves. Remember the 3-0 shutout in Missouri when Bryan made 40 saves and couldn't even crack the three star list. The #2 star last night was Brampton goalie Kristofer Westblom.
- Maybe the Americans should call the game tonight, "Save myself, my friends and my family some money by winning in four night" which would be a great accomplishment. This game will be a tough one to win but let's hope they can get it done.
- Talk about important games tonight and all you have to do is look at #1 seed Missouri and #4 seed Rapid City who are both playing on the road and trailing in their series 2-1. A loss tonight and all of a sudden a great regular season is in jeopardy with a first round playoff loss. Knowing these two teams you would expect both of them to win tonight.
- From all of the talk you hear around the league it appears all ten teams currently in the CHL will be around next year but some of the attendance problems persist in the playoffs. With their "Guaranteed Win Night" promotion Brampton could only draw 2172 fans last night. Quad City sold every seat in the Arena for $2 and only had a crowd of 3874, and Arizona only had 1259 for their game against Missouri. The #2 seed, Denver, who started their series with Tulsa on the road only drew 1734 at home on Wednesday.
|Courtesy CHL Memes|
DID YOU KNOW: Over his coaching career Steve Martinson has been in 34 playoff series. His record in those 34 series is 25-9.