Na na na na na na na na hey hey- ey, Goodbye!
*Please note: while Barry's name remains at the bottom of this blog, he is on vacation and the information/views posted in his absence do not reflect Barry's views or the views of the Allen Americans organization.
For the last two and a half weeks (seems like a lot longer), we have had the pleasure to continue this blog This will be our final blog. Everyone has been so great, commenting on posts, stopping us at the AEC and providing moral support. These are only some of the reasons why it is so hard to say farewell to this endeavor.
The good news....Barry is coming back early to cover the last games. So you see, even though we are done, the best will return. Barry has set such a high bar it has been difficult, but fun, maintaining his blog to the excellent standard to which we have all grown accustomed. When he told us that it takes him approximately five hours, each and every day, to provide this article, we thought he may have exaggerated just a little. WRONG! It has taken us over two and a half hours each day and yet we still forget to include something, or worse, we make an error. Researching, verifying, then putting thoughts into logical text is a hard job. We both have a whole new respect for the sweat and tears that Barry puts into it daily. We can only hope that we did a good enough job so that he knows he can count on us to help him out when things get rough or he needs a break.
We have so many people to thank for their assistance, specifically:
- Our spouses, lord knows we have upset their routines and dominated conversations with "blog stuff".
- Barry for trusting that we would maintain the high quality of his blog.
- Allen American photographers Kimberly Sauer and Lauren Lyssy for providing a vast array of photos to be used in the blog. You two are the best and hopefully the fans are spreading the word of your excellent work.
- The Americans staff, especially Jordan Manias and Tommy Daniels for offering and/or assisting with info needed, especially with team schedules.
- Coach Martinson for tolerating us at his post game conferences.
- Erik Adams, Aaron Gens, and Dave Gens for letting us interview them during this hectic time.
- And, lastly, to all of you dedicated fans who check this blog every day, you are the reason why we wanted to continue in Barry's absence.
What more is left to be said? The only things that come to mind are: "GO RED", "THREEPEAT" and "GIT 'ER DONE", "Bring Mr. Kelly's Cup to Allen".