- Tonight will be the ninth time these two teams have met this season with Allen holding a 6-2 (4-1 home, 2-1 away) edge in the eight previous games. Allen has won six of the last seven times these teams have played. If you look at cumulative stats these teams have played much closer than the record might indicate. Cumulative goals are 29-21 in favor of Allen but Rapid City has had some mediocre goaltending in some of the games. In the eight previous games shots on goal are exactly the same at 239-239, Rapid City has scored more power play goals (Rapid 8-45, Allen 6-28) and taken fewer penalties (Allen 176 minutes, Rapid 123 minutes). If the Rush can get a good performance from their goalie and win on special teams they will make it difficult for Allen to come out on top. Remember, the key to the game on Tuesday came on the first goal of the game late in the second period when Chad Costello got a shorthanded goal.
- For more complete game preview stats check out the post from 3/10/15 in the archives, "Allen vs Rapid City Game Preview."
- Tommy Daniels has rejoined the team after battling the flu for a few days so you will be able to hear his broadcast tonight from Rapid City. Good to have Tommy back.
- The referee for the game tonight will be Stephen Reneau (#17). Reneau was the referee on Tuesday when Allen beat Rapid City 2-1. He called very few penalties on Tuesday with a total of 16 minutes combined for both teams. May have been the lowest penalty minute combined total for an Allen game all season. If the game tonight is a "let them play" type of game that should benefit the Americans.
- There is one other key match up in the Central Division tonight as Wichita visits Tulsa. Wichita is currently in third place with 63 points while Tulsa is on the outside of the playoff picture in fifth place with 60 points. However, Tulsa is 7-2 against Wichita this year.
- With a win tonight Allen will clinch a playoff spot. A forgone conclusion but it will be official if they beat Rapid City tonight.
DID YOU KNOW: Do you think scoring the first goal of the game is important? There have been 1620 games played thus far in the ECHL this season and the team that has scored first has won 74.1% of the games.