Monday, December 3, 2018

Gone Hunting


One of the best things about being retired is you have control of your time unlike when you were working. I had some bad news and good news yesterday that explains just how tough retirement can be (haha). Had a fishing trip planned to Lake Texoma for tomorrow but had to reschedule because of health issues with one of my fishing buddies wife. I was telling my life long friend and hunting buddy from Minnesota about the reschedule because a month ago we had talked about going pheasant hunting in North Dakota this week but I couldn't make it because of the fishing trip. When I told my friend Dave I had to reschedule my fishing trip and it turns out I could have come pheasant hunting he said, "We are both retired, let's go hunting tomorrow." An hour later the flight was booked, hotel (with heated kennel for the dog and indoor pheasant cleaning room) was booked and all I had left to do was pack. With lows in the single digits and highs in the teens predicted this week in North Dakota I had to go in the back of the closet to find the appropriate hunting attire.

That's a long drawn out way to say I am leaving at 5:00 am this morning for a week of pheasant hunting in very rural and cold North Dakota. No blogs this week. Will be back on Sunday to recap the hockey week.

                                                   Barry the Blogger

5 comments:

  1. Well-earned time off! Enjoy your trip, be safe, and we look forward to your blog when you get back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Travel safe and enjoy the time with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good hunting Barry and most importantly...STAY WARM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Facebook will not let me repost, saying it contains restricted content. Has removed all my reposts of the blog. Also has removed all of the fan club reposts????????????????

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have fun and enjoy your trip. Though my son no longer plays in Allen, I still enjoy reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete