Allen and Tulsa are very familiar with each other having played seventeen times during the regular season and four in the playoffs. Allen's record against Tulsa is 15-5-0-1. Don't know what the ECHL record is for most games played against one team in a season but the game tonight will be number 22 between these teams.
- Here is a statistical comparison looking just at the four playoff games:
Team Record: Allen (3-1-0-0) - Tulsa (1-2-1-0)
League Rank: Allen (1st) - Tulsa (14th)
Shots For: Allen (155) - Tulsa (106)
Average Shots Allowed: Allen (26.5) - Tulsa (38.75)
Goals For: Allen (15) - Tulsa (12)
Goals Against: Allen (12) - Tulsa (15)
Goal Differential: Allen (+3) - Tulsa (-3)
Team Plus/Minus: Allen (+18) - Tulsa (-21)
Team PIM's Per Game: Allen (17.50) - Tulsa (20.50)
-With four games played in this playoff series it is a small sample but a couple of things stick out when looking at special teams. Allen's power play has been much better at home (23.1%) than on the road where they went 0-7 in Tulsa. Tulsa's power play has been better on the road (22.2%) than at home (13.3%). Anyway you slice it special teams will be a big factor in the game tonight. Win the special teams battle and you will most likely win the game. Here is the special teams breakdown:
Power Play (overall): Allen 15.9% - Tulsa 16.7%
Power Play (home): Allen 23.1% - Tulsa 13.3%
Power Play (away): Allen 0.0% - Tulsa 22.2%
Penalty Kill (overall): Allen 83.3% - Tulsa 85.0%
Penalty Kill (home): Allen 77.8% - Tulsa 100.0%
Penalty Kill (away): Allen 86.7% - Tulsa 76.9%
- Allen and Tulsa have at least one more playoff game than any other team in the league so you would expect they would have the lead in many statistical categories and that is certainly the case. Spencer Asuchak leads the ECHL in scoring with six points (3 goals 3 assists) while Gary Steffes and Konrad Abeltshauser are tied for second with five points.
- Just like during the regular season Gary Steffes has emerged as the leading goal scorer in the playoffs. Gary has a goal in each of the first four playoff games.
- Allen was the most penalized team in the ECHL during the regular season averaging 22.8 minutes per game. In the playoffs they are ranked #7 out of 16 teams with 17.5 minutes per game.
- Aaron Gens leads all ECHL defensemen and is second among all players in the playoffs with a plus/minus of +5.
- Konrad Abeltshauser leads all ECHL defensemen with five playoff points (2 goals 3 assists). Konrad has now played ten games (6 regular season 4 in the playoffs) for Allen and has scored seven goals. In the last two years in Worcester he has nine goals in 107 games. It shows what he can do when getting top line minutes and power play time.
- The second period continues to be the best for Allen for the number of goals scored just like during the regular season but they have struggled in the first period. In the four playoff games Tulsa has outscored Allen 5-2 in the first period. Allen has out scored Tulsa 8-6 in the second period and 4-1 in the third period.
- Ian Schultz and Tanner Eberle were scheduled to arrive in Dallas last night but it remains to be seen if either will be in the lineup tonight.
- Here are the highlights from game four for those that have not seen them. The voice on the video is the voice of the Tulsa Oilers, Rob Loeber.
- Here is the up to date playoff bracket:
DID YOU KNOW: Under Steve Martinson the Allen Americans are 5-1 in home close out games. (Games where they can win the series).
|Allen's last home close out opportunity went well! - photo by scenebykimberly.com|